Using Colloidal Silver when Canning to Help Keep Food Fresh Longer!
If you’re already planning ahead for canning at the end of this year’s growing season, did you know that you can use colloidal silver to help prolong shelf life and keep bacterial and fungal contamination at bay?
Many might not know that colloidal silver’s powerful antibacterial and fungicidal properties have been used to help preserve and prevent spoilage in foods and beverages as far back as the Roman Empire!
Below, you’ll learn why humans have been using silver to help prolong the shelf-life of foods for thousands of years and exactly how you can utilize colloidal silver in your modern canning process (as well as in your refrigerator) to do the same!
Here’s what you need to know…
Guest article by Angela Kaelin
Historically, from the time of the Roman Empire to the days of American pioneers heading westward across the prairie, silver has been used to preserve food and beverages.
Because of its well-known bactericidal and fungicidal qualities, silver was used to make cups, pitchers and storage containers to help preserve food, water, wine, vinegar and oils that would otherwise spoil easily from bacterial contamination.
What’s more, plates, bowls and eating utensils were frequently also made of silver. Sometimes silver coins were placed in storage containers to preserve food and water on long voyages.
Sadly, today most food processing companies rely on toxic chemicals and irradiation to preserve food when they could be using a safer, healthier and all-natural alternative.
Safe, Effective, Highly Beneficial
As a preservative, colloidal silver is not only extremely safe and highly effective, but it provides a number of powerful health benefits to the human body, including increased immunity and greater resistance to infection and disease.
That’s why colloidal silver remains to this day the perfect added preservative for canning, as well as for lengthening the shelf life of the foods in your refrigerator or on your kitchen counter.
Rules-of-Thumb for Using Colloidal Silver in Food Canning and Preservation
Food Storage: Colloidal silver is the ideal food preservative to use whenever you are canning, freezing, pickling or making fruit preserves.
To prevent spoilage add 1 tablespoon of 10 ppm colloidal silver per quart when home-canning, especially if you’re using the boiling-water-bath method. Seal the lids as per usual.
Beverages: The general rule for long-term storage of beverages like tomato juice, vegetable juices and water is to add one ounce of 10 ppm colloidal silver per gallon, mix well and seal the lids as per usual.
Spoiled Food Is Wasted Money!
Letting food go to waste is a costly but unfortunate reality of life. However, you can easily use colloidal silver at home to preserve your food for longer periods of time.
For example, you can stretch your dollars by using colloidal silver to keep your fruits and vegetables fresh for significantly longer periods of time. Before refrigerating them, just soak them in a bowl consisting of one ounce of 10 ppm colloidal silver per quart of water. Or, simply use a pump spray bottle to lightly spray your fruits and veggies with 10 ppm colloidal silver before refrigeration.
Also, meat, dairy products and any other foods or beverages can be given a longer life by using colloidal silver to help preserve them. The simplest method is to spray them lightly with colloidal silver before refrigerating.
Here are some additional examples of how you can use colloidal silver to make your food last a few days or longer, with and without refrigeration:
- Preserve un-refrigerated sun tea from bacteria for up to a week by adding colloidal silver. One colloidal silver user states, “Here in Texas iced tea that is set out will spoil overnight. I pour one to one and a half ounces of colloidal silver into the tea; it lasts over a week without refrigeration.”
- Soak boiled eggs in a solution of one ounce of colloidal silver to 1 quart of water for 45 minutes. This allows the silver to soak through the shell and keeps boiled eggs from spoiling without refrigeration for a few days longer than untreated eggs.
- When having an outdoor family gathering or going on a picnic in which food may be unrefrigerated for a prolonged period of time, add about a tablespoon of colloidal silver per quart to any dishes containing mayonnaise, dairy products, or to any other food that is prone to Salmonella growth.
- Stir colloidal silver into un-refrigerated condiments like ketchup, mustard and relish before going on a long picnic or other outdoor gatherings.
- When making potato salad, pasta salad or deviled eggs, add at least a couple of teaspoons of 10 ppm colloidal silver to the mixture to slow the growth of harmful bacteria. The same can be done for any other dishes that are prone to spoilage when left un-refrigerated for a few hours at picnics, family gatherings or potluck meals.
- Spray colloidal silver on fresh blueberries, strawberries, grapes and other fruits or vegetables that might otherwise mold before you have a chance to eat them.
- Stir a tablespoon of colloidal silver into cottage cheese or milk containers that are nearing their expiration dates, to keep them fresh longer. Says colloidal silver advocate Kathy B. in an online forum, “If I still have lots of milk in the container as it’s approaching its expiration date, I add anywhere from a tablespoon to an ounce of colloidal silver in order to extend its refrigerated shelf life.”
According to another internet source, an experiment was performed in which a small amount of colloidal silver was added to a cup of milk, which was then left on the kitchen countertop at room temperature. The same amount of milk was added to a ‘control’ cup and placed next to the silver-laced milk. The control milk would spoil and sour after 24 to 36 hours, while the samples with added colloidal silver would last between 3 to 9 days, unspoiled.
In short, colloidal silver can extend the edible life of almost any dish or beverage you prepare, including soups, stews, salads, teas and more.
While colloidal silver won’t make your foods and beverages last forever (because its antibacterial qualities slowly degrade over time when it comes into contact with other substances), it can significantly help slow the growth of harmful bacteria and make food and drink last longer in or out of the refrigerator.
Pint bottles of colloidal silver should be stored as part of every home emergency preparedness kit.
When you’re in need of safe, purified water in an emergency, add an ounce of your stored colloidal silver per gallon to unpurified water and shake it well. Leave it sit overnight before drinking.
Common Sense Health Alternative
Colloidal silver is the common sense, healthy and money-saving way to preserve and store food – for both the long and short term.
Just remember the basic rule of adding approximately one tablespoon of colloidal silver per quart of solid or liquid that you plan to preserve or store.
As you begin experimenting with the use of colloidal silver for this purpose, you’re sure to find many other ways to use colloidal silver to preserve food, prevent waste and save money.
Learn Even More About How Colloidal Silver Can Help Preserve Food
Here are a few additional articles about how colloidal silver can help keep food fresher for longer:
And here’s one more on helping your home vegetable garden produce abundant harvests:
Have You Ever Used Colloidal Silver when Canning?
Have you used colloidal silver in the canning process? Are you planning to try it? We’d love to hear about your experiences. If you haven’t already, please join the Colloidal Silver Secrets Community on Facebook and let us know!
Make Your Own High-Quality Colloidal Silver for Pennies!
Typical health food store prices for colloidal silver can range from $20 to $30 for a tiny, four-ounce bottle.
But with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you can make your own safe, pure, high-quality micro-particle colloidal silver for about 36 cents a quart! In other words, you can make it at actual cost, just like the big colloidal silver bottlers do.
Compared to typical health food store prices, your first two one-quart batches literally pay for the entire cost of your new generator! Do you know of any other health product that literally pays for itself the very first few times you use it? The savings are absolutely astonishing!
In fact, by making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be as close to having FREE colloidal silver as you can get, and for the rest of your life!
You’ll never have to pay those exorbitant health food store prices again!
The new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator is now the world’s #1 best-selling colloidal silver generator. Here are just a few reasons why you should own one…
- It pays for itself after your very first batch or two – your total cost to make your first one-quart batch is about 36 cents, compared to the $240 you’d pay at a health food store if you bought an equivalent amount (i.e., eight of those little 4-ounce bottles they normally sell for $30 apiece)!
- Safe, simple to operate…No special skills needed…You just set the handy timer, plug it in, walk away, and three hours later you have a perfect batch of therapeutic quality micro-particle colloidal silver…every time! Here’s a short pictorial demonstrating how astonishingly easy it is to use a new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge:
- Produces uncommonly small silver micro-particles as low as .8 nm. That’s a fraction of a single nanometer. Compare that to health food store colloidal silver which can contain silver particles as large as 200 nm to 1,000 nm (or even larger), and you’ll see why micro-particle colloidal silver is the very best there is! Smaller particles mean your body can absorb and utilize up to 99% of the colloidal silver you take, compared to maybe 30% or 40% with many health food store brands!
- Runs on standard household electricity, but uses less power than a tiny Christmas tree bulb – you won’t even see a blip on your electric bill!
- Produces uniform, crystal clear batches every single time that store for months, or even years, without losing potency!
- Cannot produce silver chloride or unsafe substances – you get pure, therapeutic-quality micro-particle colloidal silver every time!
The Bottom Line…
With a high-quality Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll never again have to pay exorbitant health food store or internet vendor prices for high-quality colloidal silver!
Indeed, your first batch or two will indeed completely pay for the entire cost of your generator, compared to health food store prices!
What’s more, you’ll be able to give colloidal silver away FREE to family members, friends and neighbors, because you’ll be making it – literally – for only a few pennies per batch!
Simply click on this link to learn more about this phenomenal new breakthrough in colloidal silver-making technology, including our current, time-limited, money-saving offers that can save you up to $100 if you act quickly and decisively!
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another insightful article on colloidal silver….
Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,
Steve Barwick, author
The Ultimate Colloidal Silver Manual
FREE Colloidal Silver Safe Dosage Report
Colloidal Silver Secrets Group on Facebook
Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Pennies
.9999 Pure Silver Wire for Making Colloidal Silver
Important Note and Disclaimer: The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof. The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics. He is not a doctor. Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage. Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only and approached with caution. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments, and opinions stated herein. All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional. Readers are solely responsible for their choices. The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine.
Copyright 2023 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.