New Flu Drug Cuts One Lousy Day Off Your Flu, for a Whopping $150 Per Pill
By Steve Barwick, author, The Ultimate Colloidal Silver Manual
In giant, glaring headline print, CNN breathlessly announced today that the FDA has approved the first new flu drug in nearly 20 years.
It’s called XOfluza. (Does that name mean hugs and kisses for the flu?)
And according to Forbes magazine, it essentially “tries to prevent flu viruses from using your body like a cheap motel and reproducing.” In other words, it targets an enzyme that would otherwise help flu viruses reproduce more rapidly.
Sounds impressive, right? But of course, the devil is always in the details. Here are some of the takeaways from the CNN article, and several other news articles which have been published over the last few days in the mainstream media:
- Xofluza costs $150 per pill to use.
- It only cuts one lousy day off the flu.
- You have to take the drug within the first 48 hours of experiencing flu symptoms, or it might not work. That’s because the drug targets a very early step in viral reproduction, and researchers admit that after 48 hours there are no guarantees it will do anything at all. So, as the old advertising maxim goes, “Act fast!”
- The most common side effects of the drug are diarrhea and bronchitis (Oh, joy…just what I need when I have the flu!).
- While the manufacturer claims the drug is for “both adult and pediatric patients,” you have to be 12 years old or older to take it, and the drug was not tested on people over 64 years old — the very age at which the flu virus becomes a greater risk by weakening the aged body enough to allow pneumonia to set in.
- The drug will be made available “in the coming weeks,” just in time for flu season, of course. (At a whopping $150 a pill, I’m one who certainly won’t be stocking up on it, even if it grew hair on bald heads or made my schlong long.)
- The drug was clinically tested and shown to be effective by its Japanese manufacturer, so we simply have to take their word for whether or not it works as they say. The FDA, of course, took their word for it and approved the drug “under an expedited review process…”
- Xofluza was tested on only 1,832 patients before being fast-tracked by the FDA for public use in the U.S. Now, it will be prescribed to millions of people in this country, and millions more worldwide, making the global population the guinea pigs for learning more about the drug.
- Dr. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association, says “The true effectiveness [of Xofluza] will be evident only over time…These viruses are pretty clever creatures.” In other words, as happened with the flu drugs Tamiflu and Relenza, we likely won’t know for years what the drug’s “true effectiveness” is, or isn’t.
- Interestingly, when Xofluza was tested against other flu drugs, “no difference in symptom duration was seen between patients who received Xofluza and those who received another flu drug.” That means, the drug is about as good as Tamiflu or Relenza, both of which have recently been ripped apart by top clinical researchers for their poor effectiveness and exaggerated claims.
- According to Dr. Stan Deresinski, MD, a clinical professor in infectious disease at Stanford University in California, use of Xofluza might promote drug-resistance to the virus. He states, “In the Phase 2 trial, resistance only occurred 2.3 percent of the time; but in the larger Phase 3 trial, resistance happened 9.3 percent of the time. That’s about 1 in 10 people,” he says. “If that’s not a fluke, it does raise concern about how long you will be able use this drug before the virus is just resistant to it.”
- Regarding whether or not availability of Xofluza is going make a big difference in the annual outcomes of flu cases, Standford’s Dr. Deresinski stated, “Purely in terms of outcomes in the patients that we know about, that is, those who are otherwise healthy other than the fact that they have influenza, it’s not going to make a great deal of difference.”
- According to Dr. Todd Ellerin, infectious disease specialist at South Shore Hospital in Massachusetts, Xofluza was only studied in otherwise healthy patients, “so it’s unclear right now how effective it might be in patients with the most severe form of the illness or those who are most vulnerable.” Wow. For $150 per pill it cuts one lousy day off a normal case of the flu. But nobody knows whether it will help for a severe case, or cases in which the patient might be at risk due to, for example, a compromised immune system.
- FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb stressed that “no treatment is a replacement for the flu vaccine,” and urged all unvaccinated people to get the flu jab in spite of the new drug’s soon-coming availability. (Gotta keep pushing those flu shots, even though they, too, have recently been strongly criticized by clinical researchers for their astonishing levels of ineffectiveness.)
So is Xofluza, which is known scientifically as Baloxavir marboxil, a new anti-flu wonder drug, as the screaming news headlines would have you believe?
Or is it just another money-maker for the Big Drug Companies, looking to capitalize on people’s fear of getting the flu?
I’ll leave that up to you to decide for yourself.
How Do You Know If It’s a Cold or Flu?
The potentially biggest problem with the drug, as I see it, is that most people, and frankly, most doctors, don’t know if a patient has a mere cold, or a full-blown flu, for at least 48 hours into the infection, and usually longer.
Yet for Xofluza to work effectively, it needs to be taken within the first 48 hours of flu onset.
Frankly, if you think about it, before going to a local doctor or a walk-in clinic, most folks wait at least a few days from the time the sniffles and other minor symptoms first appear, in order to determine if it’s merely a cold or something more serious requiring a doctor’s help.
And even if you did go to the doctor at the very first sign of symptoms, how is your doctor going to determine that early whether or not it’s a mere cold, or a legitimate flu bug?
My strongest suspicion is that a lot of prescriptions are going to be written for this new drug during cold and flu season every year — probably tens of millions of them — by doctors who will say to themselves, “Better safe than sorry.”
And that’s likely what’s going to make this new drug a real money-maker for the drug companies behind it. It will likely be prescribed indiscriminately for anyone who steps into a doctor’s office between November and March (flu season) with a case of the sniffles, regardless of whether or not they actually have the flu.
The bottom line is this:
How much help this new drug is actually going to be is…well…still up in the air. After all, it was fast-tracked for approval by the FDA after being tested on only 1,832 people.
If the fiascos with the flu drugs Tamiflu and Relenza are any indication, it might be as long as several decades before researchers finally know for sure whether the drug is actually helping the overall population.
Deceptive Advertising: One-Day Flu Killer
Earlier this summer, when Xofluza was first approved for use in Japan, a flood of news articles circulated around the globe claiming the drug was “designed to kill the flu virus in just one day.”
- Indeed, ABC News headlined their article, “Flu drug designed to kill the virus in a day approved in Japan”
- Healthline.com wrote, “The drug Xofluza reportedly can kill the flu virus in 24 hours.”
- WebMD.com wrote, “Drug That Kills Flu in One Day Approved In Japan”
- The Miami Herald wrote, “This tablet promises to kill the flu in a day…”
- RXList.com wrote, “Drug That Claims To Kill Flu As Soon As 1 Day Okayed In Japan”
- TheWeatherNetwork.com stated, “The Japanese health ministry has approved a groundbreaking new drug that can get rid of the flu in just one day.”
- And even Yahoo.com breathlessly wrote, “Japan has a new drug that could kill the flu in 24 hours. So why doesn’t the U.S. have it?”
Of course, no drug can “kill the flu” in 24 hours. In fact, there’s no drug in existence that can “kill the flu” at all in humans. Anti-viral drugs can only shorten the duration of flu symptoms by helping reduce the ability of the flu virus to replicate inside the body as quickly as it otherwise would.
And in the case of Xofluza, that shortening of the duration of flu symptoms is for only about one day. In other words, if your flu was going to last 10 days, and you were able to take Xofluza within the first 48 hours, the symptoms might then last only nine days.
That’s a far cry from the originally promised “new drug that can get rid of the flu in just one day.”
But hey, what’s a little false advertising among friends, right? It apparently got the drug approved by the FDA in record time, thanks to their ability to fast-track new drugs. And now this new wonder drug is supposed to be available to Americans in time for this year’s flu season.
Of course, the internet has never been scrubbed of the news articles that make those false statements. And there are dozens of them. So when consumers go online to do their research, that’s what they’ll see, i.e., the new wonder drug that can kill the flu in “one day.”
So it’s important to note that the plethora of news articles on Xofluza that ran from about March through June of 2018 are the ones with the false claim that the drug can kill the flu in “one day.”
The newer news articles announcing the drug’s approval by the FDA do not generally carry that false claim, but instead openly admit the drug merely shortens the duration of the flu by a single day.
What About Colloidal Silver?
According to my good friend and fellow natural health author Tony Isaacs, writing on his Best Years of Life page on Facebook:
“Xofluza is said to be effective if someone takes an oral dose during the first 48 hours of getting the flu…
Side effects are supposed to be less than Tamiflu. And the retail cost is ‘only’ $150 per pill. The phase I, II and III studies were paid for and conducted by Shionogi.
It’s also worth noting that while Shionogi/Roche/Genentech described the studies as being conducted on children aged 12 and above and adults, the studies excluded adults over age 64. Hardly representative of the population.
But wait a minute – don’t we already have a natural super-inexpensive supreme virus destroyer?
Maybe you’ve heard of it: Colloidal Silver. Yep, good ol’ cheap, super effective colloidal silver — which works extremely well on all pathogens, including the most deadly and difficult ones.
And, despite what maim-stream medical misinformation would have you believe, properly made and administered colloidal silver has no harmful side effects.
So, if you want to take a chance on Xofluva and spend $150 per pill go for it. Myself, I will stick with colloidal silver.”
Now, I’m no doctor. And neither is Tony. We’re both natural health journalists simply recounting our own experiences and those of others.
But Tony’s a pretty smart guy. And from 24 years worth of personal experience using colloidal silver, I have to agree with him: When it comes to helping my body fight off the flu virus, I’ll stick with my colloidal silver. And if the following real-life testimonials are any indication, so will a lot of other people:
As reader V. Swinney, from the great state of Texas recently wrote to me:
“I’ve been using colloidal silver since 1994… It’s been years since I have been to a doctor for antibiotics. I’ve quit taking flu shots some time ago. I have not had the flu since I have been using colloidal silver. And neither have I had a cold.”
As Nancy S., from Topeka, KS, recently wrote:
“My husband and I drink a shot glass (about 1 oz) of colloidal silver every night before bed. We’ve been doing this for about 4 years now. Neither one of us has been sick since. And I should mention, we’ve been around people who were sick and didn’t catch anything.”
As Karen H., of Tequesta, FL recently wrote:
“My friend, Ed, had gotten the flu several times in the past, so he knew what the flu felt like and knew the difference between a cold and the flu. He began to experience several flu symptoms and knew he was in for at least 2 weeks of misery.
So he made up some colloidal silver and drank several ounces every hour, on the hour, all day long. He went to bed that night, and when he woke up the next morning, it was completely gone. Not even a hint of a symptom.
Now, he said, most people would think he wasn’t really coming down with the flu. But his symptoms were headache, body aches, scratchy throat and sinuses, and extreme fatigue. He said the only time he ever felt that way in the past was from the flu.
He is absolutely convinced the silver stopped the flu virus dead in its tracks before it could get a good stronghold in his body. Thanks!”
As registered nurse, Sherri, recently wrote me:
“I take 30cc of Colloidal Silver daily. I do not get the flu, or colds. If I do feel that I’m getting congested, I’ll take 60cc Colloidal Silver daily, and the signs and symptoms of the cold goes away in a couple days.”
And as D.V., from Pleasant Grove, Utah, wrote to say:
“I started using colloidal silver about 15 years ago. I take some almost every day. And when I feel any cold symptoms coming on I increase the dosage each day to several teaspoons and have not developed any colds or flu in all these years.”
The bottom line is that many people have found that colloidal silver can help make the cold and flu season much more bearable, particularly if you use it on a preventive daily basis during cold and flu season.
Articles You Might Want to Read
Here are a few articles you might want to read, in order to learn more about using colloidal silver when you have to flu:
- Beating the Winter Cold and Flu Season With Colloidal Silver
- Using Colloidal Silver During a Flu Epidemic
- Colloidal Silver versus Cold and Flu Viruses
- How Much Colloidal Silver Should You Take for the Flu?
What’s more, here are three clinical studies proving the powerful antiviral qualities of colloidal silver, particularly against upper respiratory viruses such as cold and flu viruses:
- Viral Pathogens and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome: Oligodynamic Ag1 for Direct Immune Intervention
- Silver Nanoparticles as Potential Antiviral Agents
- Promising Cure for URTI Pandemics, Including H5N1 and SARS: Has the Final Solution to the Coming Plagues Been Discovered? (Part II)
See also www.ColloidalSilverKillsViruses.com for additional information on the powerful antiviral properties of colloidal silver.
Silver Also Kills the Secondary Infections
As this clinical report from Dr. Eric Gordon, MD and Dr. Kent Holtorf, MD points out, colloidal silver has been proven to be effective against 24 of the major viruses known to be causative of URTIs, i.e., upper respiratory tract infections, such as the flu.
But the efficacy of colloidal silver (which they refer to in their report as oligodynamic silver, meaning only very small amounts are needed to do the job) extends far beyond its powerful antiviral qualities.
Indeed, not only has colloidal silver been demonstrated to decimate many of the viruses associated with serious flu infections, but it has also been proven to decimate most of the well-known bacterial pathogens that cause serious secondary infections during a battle with the flu, including the following:
- Streptococcus pneumonia
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Bordetella pertussis
- Mycobacterium (Tuberculosis)
- Inflammatory conditions of the eyes, ears, nose, and throat
- Spring Catarrh
It is these secondary bacterial infections that often severely debilitate the infected individual, once the flu virus has sufficiently weakened the body.
But colloidal silver’s powerful, broad-spectrum anti-pathogen qualities covers such a wide range of pathogens you can easily see why the authors of the clinical report – both respected medical doctors — refer to it as “the final solution to the coming plagues.”
Important Addendum: Where to Find Colloidal Silver
If you’re brand new to colloidal silver usage and are wondering where to buy it, it’s important to know that you can find it in just about any well-stocked health food store in America. It’s also available on Amazon and numerous other websites.
But it can be extremely expensive. In fact, because colloidal silver works so well against numerous forms of infection and disease, it has the highest price mark-up of any nutritional supplement in existence.
The amount of actual silver in a four-ounce bottle of colloidal silver is about five to 12 cents worth. (Yes, I said five to twelve cents.)
Yet because that small amount of silver is all it takes to decimate so many different kinds of infections, the manufacturers mark it up about 16,000%, charging a whopping $20 or $30 per bottle.
What’s more, manufacturers promoting the latest faddish colloidal silver product often charge far more per bottle – sometimes $35 to $50 for a tiny four-ounce bottle.
And people are more than willing to pay through the nose for these commercial colloidal silver products at health food stores because colloidal silver does indeed heal infections and prevent the spread of germs and disease faster and better than any other natural supplement on the planet!
So, commercially speaking, the retail price of colloidal silver at health food stores reflects its value to the consumer far more so than its true cost to produce. But here’s the good news:
As I mentioned, typical health food store prices for colloidal silver can range from $20 to $30 for a tiny, four-ounce bottle.
But with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you can make your own safe, pure, high-quality micro-particle colloidal silver for about 36 cents a quart! In other words, you can make it at actual cost, just like the big colloidal silver bottlers do.
Compared to typical health food store prices, your first two one-quart batches literally pay for the entire cost of your new generator! Do you know of any other health product that literally pays for itself the very first few times you use it? The savings are absolutely astonishing!
In fact, by making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be as close to having FREE colloidal silver as you can get, and for the rest of your life!
You’ll never have to pay those exorbitant health food store prices again!
The new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator is now the world’s #1 best-selling colloidal silver generator. Here are just a few reasons why you should own one…
- It pays for itself after your very first batch or two — your total cost to make your first one-quart batch is about 36 cents, compared to the $240 you’d pay at a health food store if you bought an equivalent amount (i.e., eight of those little 4-ounce bottles they normally sell for $30 apiece)!
- Safe, simple to operate…No special skills needed…You just set the handy timer, plug it in, walk away, and three hours later you have a perfect batch of therapeutic quality micro-particle colloidal silver…every time! Here’s a short pictorial demonstrating how astonishingly easy it is to use a new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge:
- Produces uncommonly small silver micro-particles as low as .8 nm. That’s a fraction of a single nanometer. Compare that to health food store colloidal silver which can contain silver particles as large as 200 nm to 1,000 nm (or even larger), and you’ll see why micro-particle colloidal silver is the very best there is! Smaller particles mean your body can absorb and utilize up to 99% of the colloidal silver you take, compared to maybe 30% or 40% with many health food store brands!
- Runs on standard household electricity, but uses less power than a tiny Christmas tree bulb – you won’t even see a blip on your electric bill!
- Produces uniform, crystal clear batches every single time that store for months, or even years, without losing potency!
- Cannot produce silver chloride or unsafe substances – you get pure, therapeutic-quality micro-particle colloidal silver every time!
Just read through some of the testimonials below to see for yourself how you’ll save literally thousands of dollars per year by making your own colloidal silver with your brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge!
Here’s what one customer recently wrote to tell us:
“Owning a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge has given us the luxury of being able to use high-quality colloidal silver any time we need it. And we never have to worry about the costs because it only costs a few pennies per quart to make! It is without a doubt the single-best money-saving appliance in my entire house!
Best of all, the machine is very easy to use, and easy to store. I was concerned about ease-of-use, but my fears were unfounded. After I got mine and used it, I immediately bought one and sent it to my 83 year old mom, and she uses it regularly as well.
Now that I have a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, I can use colloidal silver for everything — disinfecting the kitchen sinks, countertops, and the cutting board… spraying the toilet bowls, and the bathroom countertops and sinks… spraying it on my toothbrush to prevent bacterial growth…rinsing my mouth with it to prevent cavities and gum disease…you name it.
I even put it in the laundry rinse cycle when I do my linens, towels and kitchen rags, so I don’t have to wash them as frequently. It really keeps them fresh, and there’s never any mold or mildew anywhere in our house.
I also put some in the cat’s water bowl each day, and the dog’s too. We use it in the bathtub for skin problems. And of course we drink it when our tummies are queasy, or when we feel a cold or flu coming on. We also gargle with it in order to get rid of sore throats, and sniff it up our noses to get rid of sinus problems.
My husband even sprays it on his hair in the mornings, and has completely eliminated his lifelong dandruff problem. And he sprays a little bit in his eyes from time to time, and now has no more recurrent problems with sties.”
— K. Sullivan, NM
And here’s what another happy customer wrote to say about the tremendous savings she’s achieved by no longer having to purchase her colloidal silver through health food stores:
“We make a quart of colloidal silver at least once a week with the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from the Silver Edge. I finally sat down and figured out how much this machine has been saving us. By making our own colloidal silver we’ve saved $11,503.20 this year alone, compared to the cost of colloidal silver at our local health food store.
The cost for colloidal silver at our local health food store is $30 for a tiny four-ounce bottle. But with my Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, I can make eight times that amount (i.e., a full quart) for about 35 cents total cost.
If I were to purchase a quart of colloidal silver at the health food store, which would be eight of those tiny, four-ounce bottles, the cost would be a whopping $240 (i.e., 8 x $30 = $240) compared to the 35 cents I now spend to make a full quart!
Here’s the breakdown of our costs to make a full quart of colloidal silver with our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator: It costs us about a dollar for a gallon of steam-distilled water at Walmart. So a quart of the steam-distilled water costs about 25 cents. And I estimate we use maybe a nickel’s worth of electricity and maybe another nickel’s worth of silver from the silver rods for every one-quart batch of colloidal silver we make. So that’s 35 cents a quart, all told, for each quart of micro-particle colloidal silver we make!
And frankly, considering how long the .999 fine silver rods have lasted (over a year and a half, so far, for the most recent set), I think it’s probably even cheaper than that. But it’s the lifetime savings we’ve experienced that’s just mind-boggling to me.
For example, we’ve had our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver unit for nearly five years now. And as I mentioned we make one quart per week, and we spend about 35 cents a week on making colloidal silver.
This means we save about $239.65 a week by not having to purchase a quart’s worth of colloidal silver at our local health food store. So do the math: In just one month, the savings is $958.60…in one year, the savings is $11,503.20…and in five years we’ve saved approximately $57,516.00!
When you put pencil to paper and figure it out, it definitely takes you by surprise. You just think ‘No way. I must have multiplied that wrong.’
But it’s true. The savings is legitimately well over $11,000 a year over health food store prices for colloidal silver, if you make and use a quart of colloidal silver a week like we do! And we reap that incredible savings from the very reasonable $250 investment we made in purchasing our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator.
In their advertising literature, The Silver Edge says the unit completely pays for itself after your first couple of one-quart batches. But really, that’s quite an understatement when you realize the true extent of your savings!
Of course, once you start making your own colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you don’t really think about how much you’re saving compared to health food store prices, because it just becomes a normal part of your everyday life. But the savings is nevertheless astonishing when you reflect on it.
What’s especially nice is being able to produce a significantly higher-quality colloidal silver than what’s generally available to the public through health food stores, especially at such a tiny, tiny fraction of the cost.”
— Marie Wilkey, SC
The Bottom Line…
With a high-quality Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll never again have to pay exorbitant health food store or internet vendor prices for high-quality colloidal silver!
Indeed, your first batch or two will indeed completely pay for the entire cost of your generator, compared to health food store prices!
What’s more, you’ll be able to give colloidal silver away FREE to family members, friends and neighbors, because you’ll be making it — literally — for only a few pennies per batch!
Simply click on this link to learn more about this phenomenal new breakthrough in colloidal silver-making technology, including our current, time-limited, money-saving offers that can save you up to $100 if you act quickly and decisively!
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another insightful article on colloidal silver….
Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,
Steve Barwick, author
Important Note and Disclaimer: The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof. The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics. He is not a doctor. Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage. Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only, and approached with caution. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments and opinions stated herein. All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional. Readers are solely responsible for their choices. The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine.
Copyright 2018 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.