Germ-Proof Your Bathroom with Colloidal Silver
Last week I posted an article titled 19 Surprising Ways to Use Colloidal Silver in the Kitchen, which readers tell me they found very helpful and insightful.
So this week, in the article below, I thought we’d cover uses for colloidal silver in the bathroom, of which you’ll discover 19 ways to help germ-proof your bathroom, plus eight more ways to use colloidal silver in the bathroom for your family’s maximum health and well-being.
Bathroom uses for colloidal silver might be even more important than kitchen uses, for the simple reason that clinical studies have shown the bathroom to have more germs than any other room in your home. So take a quick peek at the article below, and learn how to quickly, easily and effectively germ-proof your bathroom with colloidal silver…
Hi, Steve Barwick here, for The Silver Edge…
Is your bathroom floor germ-free enough for a baby to crawl across safely?
According to Professor Joan L. Slonczewski, Ph.D., even after a thorough cleaning your bathroom floor still has about 2,500 bacteria per square inch.
But just one hour after cleaning there can be as many as 2,540,000 (i.e., two million five hundred and forty four thousand) bacteria per square inch. That’s how fast bacteria can multiply, as well as be tracked into the bathroom from outside.
According to an article in Women’s Health, this makes the bathroom floor “the germiest thing in your bathroom.” (I’d personally nominate the lowly toothbrush for that honor, but who am I to argue with Women’s Health?).
The article goes on to state that “Some of the more common bacteria found on bathroom floors include staphylococcus and coliforms, as well as E. coli.”
Worse yet, about 15% of bathroom bacteria are fecal bacteria, meaning they originate from your poop.
Yep, not washing one’s hands thoroughly after using the toilet helps spread these fecal bacteria throughout the bathroom, including faucets, handles, countertops and more.
What’s more, flushing the toilet with the lid up allows millions of aerosolized fecal bacteria to rise into the air on microscopic water droplets, which then coat your bathroom floors, countertops (and anything on the countertops including combs, brushes, bottles, etc) as the tiny fecally-contaminated microscopic water droplets gradually fall back to earth.
According to an article on WebMD.com, some of the most common types of pathogens found on bathroom floors (and throughout the bathroom) are:
- Gastrointestinal viruses that cause stomach ailments in humans, including the norovirus, which you may have heard of in connection with cruise ship outbreaks. Gastrointestinal viruses “are easily transmitted and can remain on a solid surface for as much as a week.”
- Enteric pathogens, which are organisms spread by contaminated foods (and can, of course, be carried in feces). These include things like E. coli, salmonella, shigella, and campylobacter.
- Skin and respiratory organisms, such as Staphylococcus aureus (“staph”) bacteria, including the antibiotic resistant MRSA strain, and Group A Strep, known as the “flesh-eating” bacteria.
- Dermatophitic fungi, like athlete’s foot, transmitted by walking barefoot in the bathroom.
- Other residual fungi, like those indigenous to showers — the “mold and mildew” of bathroom cleanser fame. “They don’t cause infection, but they can exacerbate asthma and allergies.”
What’s more, according to an article on AngiesList.com, it’s not just the bathroom floors and countertops you have to worry about. They write that in bathrooms:
“…bacteria congregate on high-touch surfaces, such as handles, knobs and light switches, and the germs enter our bodies when we rub our eyes, touch our mouth, or scratch our nose…”
The article goes on to say, “To reduce the chances of contacting harmful bacteria, experts say the bathroom should be cleaned at least once a week; and high-touch surfaces should be cleaned daily or when visibly soiled.”
The bottom line is that just about every surface in your bathroom can be soiled by invisible germs. And while most of these germs are relatively harmless, some of them can cause serious infections.
What’s more, mold and mildew growing in bathrooms can cause or trigger allergies, asthma and even sinus infections.
So what’s the solution?
Thorough and frequent cleaning of the bathroom, combined with the use of household disinfectant products, are what’s generally recommended by the experts.
But many of us are sick and tired of using commercial disinfectant products that are full of potentially toxic chemicals.
That’s where colloidal silver comes in.
Colloidal Silver to the Rescue:
19 Ways to Help Germ-Proof Your Bathroom
- After cleaning and drying bathroom countertops, sinks, drains, faucets and nozzles with soap and water, lightly spray them with colloidal silver, and allow it to air dry in order to reduce bacterial growth and spread. If you overspray, put a small oscillating fan on “low” for a few minutes in the bathroom to help the sprayed surfaces dry faster. The disinfectant effect of the silver will last for several days, whereas commercial household disinfectants only maintain their germ-killing qualities for a few hours, at most.
- Be sure to lightly spray soap dispensers and frequently touched bathroom implements as well, including brushes, combs, soap dishes and anything else left out on countertops.
- Lightly spray the outer surfaces of your toilet, including (and especially) the flush handle; then spray the outsides and insides of your toilet lids and well as the toilet rim. Be sure to also spray around the base of the toilet where urine can splash and dry and become a focal point of bacterial growth.
- Lightly spray your toilet bowl brush and plunger at least once a week with colloidal silver, as well as after every use.
- Once a week or so, add a cup full of colloidal silver to the water in your toilet tank and don’t flush the tank for at least one hour so the silver can disinfect the toilet tank.
- Lightly spray colloidal silver under the bathroom sink or in nearby cabinets where mold and mildew might otherwise grow. Spray only lightly, and always allow to air dry with the cabinets open.
- Lightly spray colloidal silver on shower curtains (especially on the inside of shower curtains and in the creases where moisture is retained that could otherwise result in mold growth).
- Lightly spray colloidal silver in the upper corners of your shower stall near the ceilings; that’s where mold can grow because warm moisture rises to the ceiling when you shower.
- Spray your toothbrush after every use. Many clinical studies have found that the toothbrush is as “germy” as the bathroom floor because it’s generally so poorly rinsed and cleaned after brushing.
- If your dirty clothes hamper is kept in your bathroom, spray it lightly with colloidal silver every time you empty it and from time-to-time while there are clothes in it, to help prevent mold and fungus growth.
- Lightly spray your hairbrush and combs with colloidal silver after using them, to help prevent spread of dandruff, which is a topical skin fungus, and to keep them from infecting your hands or scalp with bacterial growth.
- Spray your bathroom garbage bins to help eliminate odor and to disinfect them from excessive bacterial growth and spread.
- Spray your bathroom mirrors with colloidal silver and then wipe them clean and dry them with a microfiber cloth; this saves money on expensive glass cleaners that can contain toxic ingredients like ammonia, rubbing alcohol, diluted household bleach or other chemical cleansers. And the silver works just as well, if not better, for making mirrors shine.
- Add a cup of colloidal silver to the mop bucket when mopping your bathroom floors, for added bathroom disinfection and to help kill germs as their tracked into the bathroom on your shoes.
- Spray your loofas and/or bath sponges and bath rags with colloidal silver after each use, in order to help keep bacterial growth to a bare minimum.
- Consider spraying rubber ducks and other children’s bathtub toys with colloidal silver and allowing them to air dry. 80% of bathtub toys tested positive for pathogenic bacteria, according to an article in National Geographic.
- Lightly spray your cloth hand towels and bathroom shower towels with colloidal silver to help keep them disinfected and prevent the spread of germs from person to person.
- According to research conducted by Chuck Gerba, Ph.D., professor of environmental microbiology at the University of Arizona, bathroom door handles can be teeming with Staph, E. coli, Enterococcus and sometimes even Salmonella. So take special care to wipe down bathroom door knobs at least once a week with colloidal silver on a microfiber cloth, or lightly spray them and allow the silver to air dry.
- Being very careful to avoid electric shock, use a microfiber cloth lightly sprayed with colloidal silver to clean your bathroom light switches and switch plates, which studies have shown can be teeming with bacteria. Allow to air dry after cleaning.
Additional Ways to Use Colloidal Silver in the Bathroom
Here are eight additional interesting and helpful ways to use colloidal silver in the bathroom. They’re not necessarily for disinfection purposes. But as long as we’re on the subject of using colloidal silver in the bathroom, let’s take a look:
- A couple of days ago, Ken E., a member of the Colloidal Silver Secrets Community on Facebook, wrote, “I have a little pump spray container we fill with colloidal silver and a few drops of lavender essential oil. It makes for a wonderfully effective bathroom air freshener.” And indeed it does. I tried it as soon as I read his Facebook post, and will continue to use this nifty little trick in my own bathroom. Great smell, plus disinfectant qualities, all in the same do-it-yourself product. Keep one on the bathroom counter, and one next to the toilet!
- If you like taking long baths, many folks add a quart of colloidal silver to their bathwater for a nice “silver soak” to help keep skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated. People in Russia travel for miles to soak in Russia’s colloidal silver lake, with many claiming stubborn skin conditions clear right up after swimming in the lake, thanks to its high silver content. But you don’t have to travel to enjoy the benefits of a good colloidal silver soak. You can do it in the comfort and privacy of your own home!
- After showering and drying off, lightly spray your body, including your private parts, and allow your body to air dry before dressing; doing so is thoroughly refreshing to the skin and helps keep body odors to a bare minimum.
- Colloidal silver makes a great underarm deodorant, as well, because it kills the germs that generally cause the odor in the first place.
- Make your own colloidal silver toothpaste, simply by spraying colloidal silver on your toothbrush after you’ve added toothpaste. Here’s a short video demonstration.
- Dramatically increase the antimicrobial qualities of the soap in your liquid pump hand soap dispenser by adding an ounce or so of 10 ppm colloidal silver to the container and then shaking it up to evenly distribute the silver particles throughout the liquid soap. Here’s a short video demonstration.
- Add an ounce or so of colloidal silver, per pint, to your liquid shampoo bottle for added antimicrobial benefits (helps stop dandruff and relieves itchy scalp). Just add the colloidal silver to your shampoo bottle, shake it up, and you’re good to go!
- You can easily make your own powerfully disinfectant colloidal silver hand and body gel – quickly and inexpensively — simply by adding a few tablespoons full of high-quality colloidal silver to 1/2 cup of pure, 100% aloe vera gel (available dirt cheap from Wal-Mart), and stirring it up thoroughly. You can store it in an old cold cream jar, or any small, wide mouth glass jar with a lid. Or, for ease of application, use an empty bottle of liquid hand soap with a pump dispenser. It’s quick, easy and it works like a charm. Here’s a video demonstration of another technique I use to accomplish this same purpose.
Well, there you have it: 19 ways to help germ-proof your bathroom so you don’t have to deal with the risks of microbial overgrowth and spread, and eight more ways to use colloidal silver in the bathroom for your family’s health and well-being.
Too Expensive? No Way!
Some people might argue that it’s too expensive to use colloidal silver for all of these kitchen disinfection purposes.
After all, in health food stores and on the internet, colloidal silver can cost as much as $20 to $30 for a tiny four-ounce bottle.
But in reality, it’s very inexpensive to use colloidal silver for all of these purposes — if you start making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge.
With a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be able to make all of the high-quality colloidal silver you could ever need, quickly and easily, in the comfort and privacy of your own home, for less than 36 cents a quart!
Yes, that’s under $1.50 a gallon, or a little over a penny per ounce, compared to health food store prices that can be as high as $5 to $7 per ounce, or even more!
In fact, it’s so cheap to make your own high-quality colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you be able to afford to give it away free to friends, loved ones and family members.
And when you can make high-quality colloidal silver that inexpensively, you’ll find dozens more uses for it that can protect your family against bacterial, viral and fungal infections all year long!
Compared to typical health food store prices, your first two one-quart batches quite literally pay for the entire cost of your new generator! Do you know of any other health product that literally pays for itself the very first few times you use it? The savings are absolutely astonishing!
In fact, by making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be as close to having FREE colloidal silver as you can get, and for the rest of your life!
You’ll never have to pay those exorbitant health food store prices again!
The new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator is now the world’s #1 best-selling colloidal silver generator. Here are just a few reasons why you should own one…
- It pays for itself after your very first batch or two — your total cost to make your first one-quart batch is about 36 cents, compared to the $240 you’d pay at a health food store if you bought an equivalent amount (i.e., eight of those little 4-ounce bottles they normally sell for $30 apiece)!
- Safe, simple to operate…No special skills needed…You just set the handy timer, plug it in, walk away, and three hours later you have a perfect batch of therapeutic quality micro-particle colloidal silver…every time! Here’s a short pictorial demonstrating how astonishingly easy it is to use a new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge:
- Produces uncommonly small silver micro-particles as low as .8 nm. That’s a fraction of a single nanometer. Compare that to health food store colloidal silver which can contain silver particles as large as 200 nm to 1,000 nm (or even larger), and you’ll see why micro-particle colloidal silver is the very best there is! Smaller particles mean your body can absorb and utilize up to 99% of the colloidal silver you take, compared to maybe 30% or 40% with many health food store brands!
- Runs on standard household electricity, but uses less power than a tiny Christmas tree bulb – you won’t even see a blip on your electric bill!
- Produces uniform, crystal clear batches every single time that store for months, or even years, without losing potency!
- Cannot produce silver chloride or unsafe substances – you get pure, therapeutic-quality micro-particle colloidal silver every time!
Just read through some of the testimonials below to see for yourself how you’ll save literally thousands of dollars per year by making your own colloidal silver with your brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge!
Here’s what one customer recently wrote to tell us:
“Owning a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge has given us the luxury of being able to use high-quality colloidal silver any time we need it. And we never have to worry about the costs because it only costs a few pennies per quart to make! It is without a doubt the single-best money-saving appliance in my entire house!
Best of all, the machine is very easy to use, and easy to store. I was concerned about ease-of-use, but my fears were unfounded. After I got mine and used it, I immediately bought one and sent it to my 83 year old mom, and she uses it regularly as well.
Now that I have a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, I can use colloidal silver for everything — disinfecting the kitchen sinks, countertops, and the cutting board… spraying the toilet bowls, and the bathroom countertops and sinks… spraying it on my toothbrush to prevent bacterial growth…rinsing my mouth with it to prevent cavities and gum disease…you name it.
I even put it in the laundry rinse cycle when I do my linens, towels and kitchen rags, so I don’t have to wash them as frequently. It really keeps them fresh, and there’s never any mold or mildew anywhere in our house.
I also put some in the cat’s water bowl each day, and the dog’s too. We use it in the bathtub for skin problems. And of course we drink it when our tummies are queasy, or when we feel a cold or flu coming on. We also gargle with it in order to get rid of sore throats, and sniff it up our noses to get rid of sinus problems.
My husband even sprays it on his hair in the mornings, and has completely eliminated his lifelong dandruff problem. And he sprays a little bit in his eyes from time to time, and now has no more recurrent problems with sties.”
— K. Sullivan, NM
And here’s what another happy customer wrote to say about the tremendous savings she’s achieved by no longer having to purchase her colloidal silver through health food stores:
“We make a quart of colloidal silver at least once a week with the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from the Silver Edge. I finally sat down and figured out how much this machine has been saving us. By making our own colloidal silver we’ve saved $11,503.20 this year alone, compared to the cost of colloidal silver at our local health food store.
The cost for colloidal silver at our local health food store is $30 for a tiny four-ounce bottle. But with my Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, I can make eight times that amount (i.e., a full quart) for about 35 cents total cost.
If I were to purchase a quart of colloidal silver at the health food store, which would be eight of those tiny, four-ounce bottles, the cost would be a whopping $240 (i.e., 8 x $30 = $240) compared to the 35 cents I now spend to make a full quart!
Here’s the breakdown of our costs to make a full quart of colloidal silver with our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator: It costs us about a dollar for a gallon of steam-distilled water at Walmart. So a quart of the steam-distilled water costs about 25 cents. And I estimate we use maybe a nickel’s worth of electricity and maybe another nickel’s worth of silver from the silver rods for every one-quart batch of colloidal silver we make. So that’s 35 cents a quart, all told, for each quart of micro-particle colloidal silver we make!
And frankly, considering how long the .999 fine silver rods have lasted (over a year and a half, so far, for the most recent set), I think it’s probably even cheaper than that. But it’s the lifetime savings we’ve experienced that’s just mind-boggling to me.
For example, we’ve had our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver unit for nearly five years now. And as I mentioned we make one quart per week, and we spend about 35 cents a week on making colloidal silver.
This means we save about $239.65 a week by not having to purchase a quart’s worth of colloidal silver at our local health food store. So do the math: In just one month, the savings is $958.60…in one year, the savings is $11,503.20…and in five years we’ve saved approximately $57,516.00!
When you put pencil to paper and figure it out, it definitely takes you by surprise. You just think ‘No way. I must have multiplied that wrong.’
But it’s true. The savings is legitimately well over $11,000 a year over health food store prices for colloidal silver, if you make and use a quart of colloidal silver a week like we do! And we reap that incredible savings from the very reasonable $250 investment we made in purchasing our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator.
In their advertising literature, The Silver Edge says the unit completely pays for itself after your first couple of one-quart batches. But really, that’s quite an understatement when you realize the true extent of your savings!
Of course, once you start making your own colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you don’t really think about how much you’re saving compared to health food store prices, because it just becomes a normal part of your everyday life. But the savings is nevertheless astonishing when you reflect on it.
What’s especially nice is being able to produce a significantly higher-quality colloidal silver than what’s generally available to the public through health food stores, especially at such a tiny, tiny fraction of the cost.”
— Marie Wilkey, SC
The Bottom Line…
With a high-quality Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll never again have to pay exorbitant health food store or internet vendor prices for high-quality colloidal silver!
Indeed, your first batch or two will indeed completely pay for the entire cost of your generator, compared to health food store prices!
What’s more, you’ll be able to give colloidal silver away FREE to family members, friends and neighbors, because you’ll be making it — literally — for only a few pennies per batch!
Simply click on this link to learn more about this phenomenal new breakthrough in colloidal silver-making technology, including our current, time-limited, money-saving offers that can save you up to $100 if you act quickly and decisively!
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another insightful article on colloidal silver….
Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,
Steve Barwick, author
Important Note and Disclaimer: The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof. The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics. He is not a doctor. Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage. Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only, and approached with caution. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments and opinions stated herein. All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional. Readers are solely responsible for their choices. The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine.
Copyright 2018 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.