Did You Know Colloidal Silver Can Help Heal MRSA?
MRSA infections can be particularly difficult to clear up and can even become life-threatening if not properly cared for, but can colloidal silver help?
According to the NHS (National Health Service in the UK), around 1 in 30 people have MRSA bacteria “colonized” on their bodies, usually in the nose and on the skin. And according to this news report, up to 3 million Americans carry MRSA…often without even realizing it.
That’s how prevalent and widespread MRSA is, and why health authorities worldwide are so worried. After all, MRSA easily spreads from person to person, as well as from public contact surface (such as door handles, bathroom faucets, countertops, shopping carts, etc) to anyone who touches them.
Thankfully, the evidence for silver’s effectiveness against MRSA continues to grow so strongly that even the news media is being forced to acknowledge it.
Here’s the straight scoop on the astonishing, infection-fighting power of colloidal silver against MRSA…
Hi, Steve Barwick here, for The Silver Edge…
According to news reports, antimicrobial silver has been shown to cure a confirmed MRSA infection in an Albany, Georgia man whose doctor had ordered immediate surgery to remove his infected tissues. As you’ll see in the story below, the emergency surgery never had to take place, thanks to the infection-fighting power of silver.
What’s more, in Corby, Britain, an 82-year-old man who contracted a serious case of MRSA after a hospital operation, and could not be cured by the hospital doctors, did his own research and began pouring colloidal silver directly onto the infected surgical wound daily. His cure astonished his doctors.
Here are the details on both news stories:
- Albany, Georgia Man Cures His Own MRSA Infection With Silver– According to WALB News 10 in Georgia, an Albany, GA man has cured his own MRSA infection with silver. It was in October that Bryan Spell and his wife Ruth of Albany, GA were on their way out of town when he noticed a bump on his neck, next to a shaving nick. Within a few days is swelled so badly it was nearly choking off his breathing.
Lab results confirmed the skin infection was being caused by MRSA. Spell’s doctor ordered immediate surgery to remove the infected tissue before the infection could become bloodborne and present a threat to his life.
But Spell had heard of a special medical patch that released tiny silver ions into infected wounds, and asked his doctor if he could try that first. His doctor agreed and Spell had the patch applied. Within three days his MRSA infection was completely cured.
- 82-Year-Old British Man Cures His MRSA Infection With Colloidal Silver– According to the Evening Telegraph, one of Britain’s most respected newspapers, an 82-year-old British man named David Sharman contracted an extremely tough MRSA infection directly after a hospital surgery. The hospital doctors apparently could not stop the stubborn infection.
Says Sharman, “I was determined to help myself and began using colloidal silver directly on my wound daily.” After effecting his own cure, Mr. Sharman told the Evening Telegraph, “Getting MRSA doesn’t have to mean the end of the road. I could feel myself slowly getting better, and the day I got the all-clear was an extremely happy day for my whole family.”
Dr. Richard Slack, a microbiologist who works in infection control, was contacted by the Evening Telegraph for an opinion on the case. He stated, “The silver is quite a good antibiotic used in burn units because it does kill MRSA and other bacteria that cause wound infections.”
Even More Proof!
As you might be aware, when the FDA ruled in June of 1999 that you can no longer make label claims or advertising claims for the infection-fighting qualities of colloidal silver, they took great pains to state that their ruling applied to internal as well as external use of colloidal silver products.
Yet in recent years we’ve seen the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) granting manufacturers of liquid colloidal silver products the right to state that their products, which are marketed for external “surface disinfection” use only, have the ability to kill MRSA as well as other deadly super pathogens, and can do so in only moments! Here are the details on one such product:
- EPA Forced to Admit Silver Kills MRSA and Other Deadly Pathogens– In another stunning development, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was forced to admit that a patented liquid silver solution called Axen30TM when used as a surface disinfectant had the ability to kill multiple strains of MRSA.
It was also shown to kill deadly pathogens such as Avian Influenza A (Bird Flu), SARS, Feline Calicivirus (Norovirus), Rotavirus, Campylobacter jjejuni and Acinetobacter baumannii.
Their product, which underwent extensive clinical testing, is now used as a first-line disinfectant on cruise liners, in order to prevent serious outbreaks of infection among the passengers and crews.
What’s more, after viewing the clinical study results which were apparently submitted by the manufacturer, the EPA allowed the makers of Axen30TM silver solution to use a two-minute kill claim for MRSA, and a three-minute kill claim for Human Coronavirus and Rotavirus on their label.
This means the EPA recognizes the fact that the electrically generated liquid colloidal silver substance was clinically proven to kill these deadly pathogens within just two to three minutes of contact!
And Here’s Even More Proof Silver Kills MRSA!
The BBC News has reported that hospital workers in Britain and Austria are hoping that a special dressing impregnated with silver will prove to be the best weapon yet in the fight against MRSA.
That’s because, for more than a year Professor Robert Strohal, associate professor of dermatology at the Federal Academic Hospital in Feldkirch, studied the effectiveness of a silver-impregnated dressing, called Acticoat, which works by releasing silver ions into MRSA infected wounds for up to seven days, ridding the patient of the infection.
Professor Strohal found that as soon as he covered the infected wound with the silver-laced dressing, they became 95% non-infectious, meaning the infectious microbes were unable to spread to other hospital patients, doctors or nurses.
He was later quoted by BBC News as saying:
“I was shocked by the results. I never expected them to be that effective…. The dressing does not allow the infection to escape, which means any nurses and doctors that come into contact with the patient do not then get the bug and pass it on to other patients…. This could have a dramatic effect if it is adopted as standard practice in countries like the UK and US where MRSA is a real problem.”
MRSA v/s “Killer Silver Pajamas”?
Since that time, hospitals in Britain have been testing pajamas and bed linen made of a special fabric that is impregnated with silver, as a means of stopping the spread of MRSA dead in its tracks.
The specially created fabrics are being tested at the Lister Hospital in the city of Stevenage, in Hertfordshire, England. Says Dr. Peter Wilson, a consulting microbiologist:
“A successful trial would transform the way we tackle certain infections, particularly MRSA…. Silver is known to be a very efficient agent against infection and also very safe. These trials will mean we can prove its effectiveness.”
Hospitals to Use a $250,000 “Silver Bullet Machine”
According to another British newspaper, The Sun, a $250,000 machine has been developed to spray a special aerosol silver mist throughout British hospitals, in order to stop the spread of the deadly MRSA super pathogens. The newspaper reveals:
“Experts have long known silver is deadly to the superbug and is highly toxic to some other bacteria as well.
It is already used in plasters and hospital dressings. But now medics from Leicester University have created a generator that divides pieces of silver into billions of tiny particles. It then suspends them in liquid glycerol to be put into aerosols. The particles are small enough to pass inside bacteria but do not kill human cells.
The $250,000 machine’s inventor, Professor Chris Binns, said medical trials will start within the year. He also believes the silver ‘bullets’ produced by his machine could be used to fight HIV.”
Four Studies Showing Silver’s Effectiveness Against MRSA
As if that wasn’t enough proof, here’s a brief summary of four different studies that have demonstrated the effectiveness of colloidal silver against the MRSA pathogen:
Case Study #1: A Brigham-Young Clinical Study Proves Colloidal Silver Kills MRSA: In this study, conducted at Brigham-Young University, and published in the journal Current Science, it was found that a number of the antibiotic drugs which formerly killed drug-resistant pathogens such as MRSA could actually be restored to full efficacy against the deadly pathogens, but only if a liquid solution of colloidal silver was used in conjunction with the drug! Since these antibiotic drugs had previously lost their effectiveness against the super-pathogens, this study clearly demonstrates that the silver was the deciding factor in the deaths of the deadly drug-resistant pathogens!
Case Study #2: Iranian Clinical Study Proves Silver Increases Effectiveness of Antibiotic Drugs Against Staph: This study was conducted by the Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Medical Nanotechnology Research Center at the University of Tehran, Iran, and published in the journal Nanomedicine. It demonstrated that the addition of silver to three specific antibiotics (vancomycin, amoxicillin and penicillin) almost magically renews their effectiveness against today’s most deadly pathogens, including MRSA!
Case Study #3: Taiwanese Clinical Study Proves Colloidal Silver by Itself Kills MRSA: Another study, this one conducted in Taiwan, also demonstrated that silver colloids kill both MRSA and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, another deadly and extremely opportunistic superbug. In this study, a special colloidal silver solution was tested on contact surfaces where the deadly pathogens are known to colonize, and from which they can spread to humans. The silver solution proved to be completely effective against both the MRSA and Pseudomonas super pathogens!
The study, which demonstrated conclusively that silver could be applied to contact surfaces to stop colonies of MRSA super pathogens from forming, was titled, “Formation of colloidal silver nanoparticles stabilized by Na(+)-poly(gamma-glutamic acid)-silver nitrate complex via chemical reduction process,” and was conducted at the Department of Textile Science, Nanya Institute of Technology, Chung-Li, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan. It was published in the journal Colloids Surface B Biointerfaces in October 2007.
Case Study #4: Czech Clinical Study Proves Silver Particles Kill MRSA: This study was conducted at the Department of Physical Chemistry at Palacky University in the Czech Republic. It was later published in the prestigious Journal of Physical Chemistry B in August 2006. Titled “Silver colloidal nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization, and their antibacterial activity,” the study demonstrated that “…silver particles with a narrow size distribution with an average size of 25 nm showed high antimicrobial and bactericidal activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including multi-resistant strains such MRSA.” The study further demonstrated that very low concentrations of silver could be utilized to destroy MRSA, as long as the silver particles were very small, averaging 25 nm.
The above studies are ample evidence that colloidal silver heals MRSA. But real-life examples are important, too…
How My Own Mother Healed Her MRSA Infection with Colloidal Silver
When my 85-year-old mom had MRSA several years ago, her doctor put her on antibiotic drugs. But they didn’t work. Her infection didn’t subside. And her topical MRSA outbreaks began to worsen.
So I began to research the situation, and in the course of that research I discovered a number of important tips. Here’s a brief rundown of some of the most important things I’ve learned. But please note: This is not “advice” from me. I’m not a doctor. This is just a general overview of the things I learned when researching MRSA infections for my mom’s situation:
Tip #1 – The staph bacteria behind MRSA thrives on sugar. So cutting-edge doctors who study MRSA infections say you should significantly limit your sugar intake when dealing with an active MRSA infection. After all, sugar not only feeds the MRSA pathogen, but excessive sugar intake also weakens your immune system.
Tip #2 – Staph lives on your skin as a normal part of your body’s external bacterial flora. Usually, it does so without becoming infective, because your body’s immune system keeps it in check. But if you allow your immune system to weaken, MRSA colonies can and will take advantage of that, and begin to spread. Then they’ll work their way into any breach on the skin, and you end up with a nasty infection. An active MRSA infection is a sure sign of weakened immunity. So…
Tip #3 – Holistic health doctors say MRSA victims should keep their immune systems in tip-top condition. Get plenty of rest, do what you can to eliminate stress in your life, exercise moderately to maintain physical strength and well-being, eat right, take a good multi-vitamin/mineral complex daily (not the cheap Walmart stuff), and…
Tip #4 – Consider taking a good immune system booster for a while, such as Cat’s Claw, or better still, the NSC-24 brand of beta-glucan (see NSC24.com) which is known to dramatically boost immunity.
Tip #5 – Because MRSA lives and thrives on skin, experts say personal hygiene is of utmost importance, especially in cases of MRSA topical boils, lesions and outbreaks. This means keeping the skin clean by showering several times daily and washing with a good antimicrobial soap. It also means keeping MRSA boils treated with a good antimicrobial gel – preferably one containing colloidal silver – and covered with gauze bandages which need to be changed regularly, if possible.
Tip #6 – Holistic health experts say it’s also essential to keep bed linens and other contact fabric (clothing, for example) super clean at all times. That’s because MRSA can get on fabric and live there for long periods of time, which means you can easily get re-infected from your own clothing, bed sheets, towels, etc. If there is any time when the old saying “Cleanliness is next to Godliness” is important to take to heart, it’s when you have an active and stubborn MRSA infection.
Tip #7 – Holistic health experts say when a MRSA infection is present, it’s critical to use nutritional supplements known to help the body stop infections, such as colloidal silver, which should be used topically and taken orally if you’re not allergic to silver. The nutritional supplement turmeric (i.e., curcumin) is said to be another important infection-fighting natural substance (a spice) that’s highly recommended by some natural health experts for helping the body fight MRSA infections. MRSA sufferers generally take it internally, along with their vitamins.
What Mom Did
So, with the above information firmly in mind, here’s what my mom did to help stop her stubborn, drug-resistant topical MRSA infection:
- For three weeks she drank up to 4 ounces of 10 ppm colloidal silver daily, which she made herself with her Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator. Now, that’s quite a big dose of colloidal silver. A typical daily dosage would be one teaspoon to one ounce per day, depending on body weight. So the dosage my mom used is not something a person would do for months on end, but instead, only for a few weeks at most while trying to give the body specific nutritional support it can use to better fight an active infection.
- Three to four times a day, Mom also slathered her MRSA boils with ASAP Ultimate Skin & Body Care Gel (contains 24 ppm colloidal silver). Now, some people prefer to spray their MRSA outbreaks with regular liquid colloidal silver. And that’s fine. Lots of people have had good success doing so. But my mom used the colloidal silver gel under the theory that it would keep silver particles in direct contact with the MRSA-infected skin outbreaks much longer than could a typical liquid colloidal silver product if it were merely being sprayed on the topical MRSA outbreaks. The ASAP Ultimate Skin & Body Care Gel is available on Amazon. But just about any good, high-quality colloidal silver gel or cream should help. (Learn about additional colloidal silver gels and creams in my article, Germ-Busting Colloidal Silver Gels and Creams.)
- Mom also took one daily capsule of NSC-24 brand Beta-glucan – a powerful natural immune system booster that helps the body fight infection while boosting immune system activity. (Available through NSC24.com)
- Mom also showered twice a day and washed her skin thoroughly with antimicrobial soap in order to wash the MRSA pathogens away. That’s more important than you might think when fighting an active MRSA infection in which topical outbreaks are prevalent, because as noted earlier, MRSA lives and even thrives on the skin surface. And the MRSA pathogens are constantly looking for ways to breach the skin barrier so they can go bloodborne. Unfortunately, in about 20% of cases in which MRSA goes bloodborne, the end result is death for the afflicted individual. So during a MRSA outbreak, it’s extremely important to keep the skin as clean and disinfected as possible, and keep cuts or scratches covered. As her antimicrobial soap, mom used the brand called Silver Miracles Colloidal Silver Soap, which is available on Amazon. But just about any good antimicrobial soap should do the trick.
- Mom also put bedsheets over every piece of furniture in the spots where she most likes to sit, including her favorite “kick back” chair from which she watches TV in the evenings. This was to help keep the MRSA pathogens off the furniture. Unfortunately, MRSA can live in the fabric of furniture for weeks on end. And it can infect anyone else in the family who sits in the same spot. It can even re-infect the victim. So mom kept bed sheets on her furniture to help prevent the MRSA pathogen from getting into the fabric of her furniture and potentially infecting other family members. And she changed the sheets out daily to avoid re-infecting herself.
- Finally, Mom washed her clothing and the sheets on her bed daily, because MRSA can live and thrive in the fabric of clothing or sheets. It can even spread to everything in the laundry hamper. So each day for three weeks while she fought her active infection, my mom did a lot of laundry in order to help keep the pathogens from spreading elsewhere.
The bottom line is that these really nasty, stubborn cases of MRSA require a LOT of maintenance and a LOT of persistence if you want to beat them.
Please don’t take any of this information as “prescriptive” in nature, however. I’m just reporting on what I’ve learned in the course of researching to help my mom, plus my usual journalistic research into colloidal silver. Check with your own doctor. And do your research. You might be surprised at what you discover.
Finally, always keep in mind that MRSA can be very serious – even deadly if the infection were to go bloodborne – so a doctor’s care is therefore extremely important.
Have You Healed a MRSA Infection with Colloidal Silver?
If you have experience using colloidal silver to help heal a MRSA infection, let us know! If you haven’t already, please join the Colloidal Silver Secrets Community on Facebook and share with the group!
Make Your Own High-Quality Colloidal Silver for Pennies!
The truly good news is this: You don’t need a $500 pair of silver-laced pajamas or bed sheets or even a $250,000 silver aerosol-making machine to take advantage of the phenomenal infection-fighting power of silver.
After all, pure, unadulterated, high-quality colloidal silver can be purchased at just about any health food store in America for about $30 for a four-ounce bottle. Or…you can make your own!
With a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you can make your own safe, pure, high-quality micro-particle colloidal silver for about 36 cents a quart! In other words, you can make it at actual cost, just like the big colloidal silver bottlers do.
Compared to typical health food store prices, your first two one-quart batches literally pay for the entire cost of your new generator! Do you know of any other health product that literally pays for itself the very first few times you use it? The savings are absolutely astonishing!
In fact, by making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be as close to having FREE colloidal silver as you can get, and for the rest of your life!
You’ll never have to pay those exorbitant health food store prices again!
The new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator is now the world’s #1 best-selling colloidal silver generator. Here are just a few reasons why you should own one…
- It pays for itself after your very first batch or two – your total cost to make your first one-quart batch is about 36 cents, compared to the $240 you’d pay at a health food store if you bought an equivalent amount (i.e., eight of those little 4-ounce bottles they normally sell for $30 apiece)!
- Safe, simple to operate…No special skills needed…You just set the handy timer, plug it in, walk away, and three hours later you have a perfect batch of therapeutic quality micro-particle colloidal silver…every time! Here’s a short pictorial demonstrating how astonishingly easy it is to use a new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge:
- Produces uncommonly small silver micro-particles as low as .8 nm. That’s a fraction of a single nanometer. Compare that to health food store colloidal silver which can contain silver particles as large as 200 nm to 1,000 nm (or even larger), and you’ll see why micro-particle colloidal silver is the very best there is! Smaller particles mean your body can absorb and utilize up to 99% of the colloidal silver you take, compared to maybe 30% or 40% with many health food store brands!
- Runs on standard household electricity, but uses less power than a tiny Christmas tree bulb – you won’t even see a blip on your electric bill!
- Produces uniform, crystal clear batches every single time that store for months, or even years, without losing potency!
- Cannot produce silver chloride or unsafe substances – you get pure, therapeutic-quality micro-particle colloidal silver every time!
The Bottom Line…
With a high-quality Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll never again have to pay exorbitant health food store or internet vendor prices for high-quality colloidal silver!
Indeed, your first batch or two will indeed completely pay for the entire cost of your generator, compared to health food store prices!
What’s more, you’ll be able to give colloidal silver away FREE to family members, friends and neighbors, because you’ll be making it – literally – for only a few pennies per batch!
Simply click on this link to learn more about this phenomenal new breakthrough in colloidal silver-making technology, including our current, time-limited, money-saving offers that can save you up to $100 if you act quickly and decisively!
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another insightful article on colloidal silver….
Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,
Steve Barwick, author
The Ultimate Colloidal Silver Manual
FREE Colloidal Silver Safe Dosage Report
Colloidal Silver Secrets Group on Facebook
Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Pennies
.9999 Pure Silver Wire for Making Colloidal Silver
Important Note and Disclaimer: The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof. The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics. He is not a doctor. Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage. Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only and approached with caution. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments, and opinions stated herein. All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional. Readers are solely responsible for their choices. The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine.
Copyright 2022 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.