19 Surprising Ways to Use Colloidal Silver in the Kitchen
Because raw foods — including meats, fruits and vegetables — are constantly handled in the kitchen, and because raw food is virtually always contaminated to one degree or another with bacteria, a lot of people have taken to using colloidal silver as a safe, inexpensive and extremely effective kitchen disinfectant.
In fact, off the top of my head I can think of 19 different ways my wife and I use colloidal silver in our kitchen to help keep it fresh, clean and free of excessive bacterial contamination.
And I think once you read this article, you might start doing the same thing. Here’s why…
Hi, Steve Barwick here, for The Silver Edge.com…
According to this news article, the common practice of rinsing raw chicken, or raw fruits and veggies, with chlorine bleach before it’s sold to the public is an epic fail in that the commonly used chlorine rinse doesn’t kill Salmonella, E. coli or Listeria food-poisoning bacteria at all.
Now that’s a real eye-opener, I think you’ll agree.
Indeed, that just might be why packaged meats from supermarkets have been tested and found to be contaminated with numerous forms of bacteria, including 50% of tested meat being contaminated with the much-dreaded drug-resistant MRSA pathogen (learn more here).
What’s more, according to a widely reported presentation given by the American Society of Microbiology, the fresh produce aisle in your local supermarket could be a fertile breeding ground for antibiotic-resistant bacteria, as well. According to the above news article:
“By culturing samples from fresh produce and dairy products purchased at grocery stores in the San Fernando Valley, California, the research team uncovered findings that could make anyone lose their appetite.
Organic and conventionally grown produce showed an average of 10,000 times more antibiotic-resistant bacteria (ARB) than dairy products.
“Our study shows that antibiotic-resistant bacteria are naturally present in many ready-to-eat foods such as fresh produce… These foods are potential sources of human exposure to antibiotic-resistant bacteria.”
The article goes on to state that “…the bacteria cultured were resistant, in varying levels to antibiotics that include, colistin, tetracycline, chloramphenicol, gentamicin, ampicillin, erythromycin, cefotaxime, and ciprofloxacin.”
In other words, those are some pretty nasty drug-resistant bugs! Thankfully, colloidal silver has been demonstrated in numerous clinical studies to kill even drug-resistant pathogens.
Bacterial cross-contamination of your kitchen quite easily takes place when you handle raw meat or raw fruits and veggies.
Indeed, you can spread potentially dangerous bacteria throughout your kitchen when, after handing raw meat or fresh produce you touch things like countertops, drawers, cabinets, kitchen faucets and handles, stoves, etc.
That’s why so many people now use liquid colloidal silver to spray or wipe down their kitchen cutting boards, counter tops, faucets and handles, etc. for the added bacterial control.
How I Do It
When cooking with fresh meats, I generally start out by using a good colloidal silver gel on my hands, rubbing it briskly onto my hands front and back, and allowing it to air dry; this as a means of helping stop bacteria in its tracks when it gets on my hands, so I’m less likely to spread it throughout the kitchen.
Then I prepare my fresh meat and/or fresh fruits and veggies. After the food preparation is over, I do kitchen cleanup, using warm soap and water to wash my hands, along with kitchen cutting boards, countertops, etc.
I then follow up by lightly spraying or wiping down everything I’ve touched (i.e., counter tops, cutting boards, kitchen sink faucets and handles, etc) with liquid colloidal silver.
In fact, I keep a dark brown, pint-sized glass spray bottle full of colloidal silver next to my kitchen sink at all times.
Finally, after the food preparation process is complete, and I’ve cleaned up and wiped or sprayed down the kitchen area with liquid colloidal silver, I once more use a good colloidal silver gel on my hands as an added precaution. I just use a small amount. There’s no need to overdo it. (Here’s a video demonstrating a very simple way to make your own colloidal silver gel.)
Do all of these precautions work? Well, I can say this much:
In 24 years of marriage my wife and I have handled a lot of raw foods in the kitchen when we cook, and we’ve NEVER gotten food poisoning at home. Our bouts with food poisoning have always been after we’ve eaten at local restaurants, and therefore can’t control the cleanliness of the kitchen.
Here are 19 helpful ways to use colloidal silver in the kitchen, some of which I’ll bet you’ve never thought of:
19 Ways to Use Colloidal Silver in the Kitchen
- Lightly spray kitchen cutting boards, countertops, sinks and drains, faucets and nozzles with colloidal silver, and allow it to air dry.
- Use colloidal silver as a fruit and vegetable wash, in order to help kill potential food-poisoning bacteria before you eat (learn how to make it, here).
- Spray eggs with colloidal silver and allow them to air dry before refrigerating in order to kill bacteria on the surfaces (remember, they came out of a chicken’s rear end), and to help keep them fresher, longer (learn more here).
- Lightly spray colloidal silver under the sink where mold and mildew might otherwise grow.
- Add a tiny bit of colloidal silver — perhaps a half ounce per quart — to your milk to keep it fresher, longer (learn why it can help double the shelf life of your milk, here).
- Add a tiny bit of colloidal silver to your fruit juices to help them stay fresher, longer.
- Add a tiny bit of colloidal silver to other foods that traditionally don’t keep very long in the fridge, such as cottage cheese, apple sauce, etc.
- Keep your refrigerator free of mold, bacteria and fungus by lightly spraying colloidal silver onto the shelves and into the food storage bins.
- Spray your kitchen sponges, dish rags and drying towels after each use to help keep bacterial counts down and to help prevent the spread of bacteria throughout your kitchen. (Learn more here.)
- Increase the antimicrobial qualities of your liquid dish soap by adding an ounce or two of colloidal silver to the container and then shaking it up to evenly distribute the silver particles throughout the liquid soap.
- For added antimicrobial protection, lightly spray your dish drying rack with colloidal silver after emptying it.
- If you use a dishwasher, lightly spray the inside of the washer with colloidal silver when empty for added antimicrobial protection.
- If you have a kitchen drinking water dispenser, add 1 tblsp. of colloidal silver per gallon of water each time you change bottles, in order to help prevent the reservoir or holding tank from becoming bacterially contaminated.
- Use a pump spray bottle to lightly spray leftovers with colloidal silver, in order to help keep them fresh longer. This works well for leftover pet foods, and household leftovers, too. Restaurant leftovers are particularly susceptible to bacterial contamination, especially if the food sat in the car very long after leaving the restaurant. Colloidal silver can help keep you safe.
- If you use one of those newfangled Keurig coffee makers, add a small amount of colloidal silver — maybe an ounce or so — to the water reservoir several times a week in order to help keep the internal water flow and drip system free of bacteria and mold.
- Help keep your kitchen mop free from potentially harmful microbial growth (and from spreading those microbes when mopping) by adding ½ cup of colloidal silver to your mop water as a safe, powerful antimicrobial agent.
- Clean your kitchen can opener (electric or manual) with colloidal silver. Several studies have shown that the can opener is the #1 filthiest implement in your home. That’s why regularly cleaning the handle and rotary blade is a must, and why most kitchen can openers allow for the handle and rotary blade to be easily removed for cleaning. After cleaning and drying you can go one step further by lightly spraying the handle and rotary blade with colloidal silver, and allowing it to air dry before reattaching it to the mainframe.
- You can spray colloidal silver on the outside and inside of the garbage cans in your home, to help prevent decay odors. Indeed, you can kill persistent odors just about anywhere in your home by spraying the area with colloidal silver and allowing it to air dry!
- You can use colloidal silver when bottling, canning and preserving foods, to help prevent contamination and make the stored foods last longer! To prevent mold and fermentation when canning and making preserves, simply add 1 tsp. of colloidal silver per quart to your jars before sealing. (Learn more here.)
Too Expensive? No Way!
Some people might argue that it’s too expensive to use colloidal silver for all of these kitchen disinfection purposes.
After all, in health food stores and on the internet, colloidal silver can cost as much as $20 to $30 for a tiny four-ounce bottle.
But in reality, it’s very inexpensive to use colloidal silver for all of these purposes — if you start making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge.
With a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be able to make all of the high-quality colloidal silver you could ever need, quickly and easily, in the comfort and privacy of your own home, for less than 36 cents a quart!
Yes, that’s under $1.50 a gallon, or a little over a penny per ounce, compared to health food store prices that can be as high as $5 to $7 per ounce, or even more!
In fact, it’s so cheap to make your own high-quality colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you be able to afford to give it away free to friends, loved ones and family members.
And when you can make high-quality colloidal silver that inexpensively, you’ll find dozens more uses for it that can protect your family against bacterial, viral and fungal infections all year long!
Compared to typical health food store prices, your first two one-quart batches quite literally pay for the entire cost of your new generator! Do you know of any other health product that literally pays for itself the very first few times you use it? The savings are absolutely astonishing!
In fact, by making your own high-quality colloidal silver with a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll be as close to having FREE colloidal silver as you can get, and for the rest of your life!
You’ll never have to pay those exorbitant health food store prices again!
The new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator is now the world’s #1 best-selling colloidal silver generator. Here are just a few reasons why you should own one…
- It pays for itself after your very first batch or two — your total cost to make your first one-quart batch is about 36 cents, compared to the $240 you’d pay at a health food store if you bought an equivalent amount (i.e., eight of those little 4-ounce bottles they normally sell for $30 apiece)!
- Safe, simple to operate…No special skills needed…You just set the handy timer, plug it in, walk away, and three hours later you have a perfect batch of therapeutic quality micro-particle colloidal silver…every time! Here’s a short pictorial demonstrating how astonishingly easy it is to use a new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge:
- Produces uncommonly small silver micro-particles as low as .8 nm. That’s a fraction of a single nanometer. Compare that to health food store colloidal silver which can contain silver particles as large as 200 nm to 1,000 nm (or even larger), and you’ll see why micro-particle colloidal silver is the very best there is! Smaller particles mean your body can absorb and utilize up to 99% of the colloidal silver you take, compared to maybe 30% or 40% with many health food store brands!
- Runs on standard household electricity, but uses less power than a tiny Christmas tree bulb – you won’t even see a blip on your electric bill!
- Produces uniform, crystal clear batches every single time that store for months, or even years, without losing potency!
- Cannot produce silver chloride or unsafe substances – you get pure, therapeutic-quality micro-particle colloidal silver every time!
Just read through some of the testimonials below to see for yourself how you’ll save literally thousands of dollars per year by making your own colloidal silver with your brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge!
Here’s what one customer recently wrote to tell us:
“Owning a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge has given us the luxury of being able to use high-quality colloidal silver any time we need it. And we never have to worry about the costs because it only costs a few pennies per quart to make! It is without a doubt the single-best money-saving appliance in my entire house!
Best of all, the machine is very easy to use, and easy to store. I was concerned about ease-of-use, but my fears were unfounded. After I got mine and used it, I immediately bought one and sent it to my 83 year old mom, and she uses it regularly as well.
Now that I have a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, I can use colloidal silver for everything — disinfecting the kitchen sinks, countertops, and the cutting board… spraying the toilet bowls, and the bathroom countertops and sinks… spraying it on my toothbrush to prevent bacterial growth…rinsing my mouth with it to prevent cavities and gum disease…you name it.
I even put it in the laundry rinse cycle when I do my linens, towels and kitchen rags, so I don’t have to wash them as frequently. It really keeps them fresh, and there’s never any mold or mildew anywhere in our house.
I also put some in the cat’s water bowl each day, and the dog’s too. We use it in the bathtub for skin problems. And of course we drink it when our tummies are queasy, or when we feel a cold or flu coming on. We also gargle with it in order to get rid of sore throats, and sniff it up our noses to get rid of sinus problems.
My husband even sprays it on his hair in the mornings, and has completely eliminated his lifelong dandruff problem. And he sprays a little bit in his eyes from time to time, and now has no more recurrent problems with sties.”
— K. Sullivan, NM
And here’s what another happy customer wrote to say about the tremendous savings she’s achieved by no longer having to purchase her colloidal silver through health food stores:
“We make a quart of colloidal silver at least once a week with the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from the Silver Edge. I finally sat down and figured out how much this machine has been saving us. By making our own colloidal silver we’ve saved $11,503.20 this year alone, compared to the cost of colloidal silver at our local health food store.
The cost for colloidal silver at our local health food store is $30 for a tiny four-ounce bottle. But with my Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, I can make eight times that amount (i.e., a full quart) for about 35 cents total cost.
If I were to purchase a quart of colloidal silver at the health food store, which would be eight of those tiny, four-ounce bottles, the cost would be a whopping $240 (i.e., 8 x $30 = $240) compared to the 35 cents I now spend to make a full quart!
Here’s the breakdown of our costs to make a full quart of colloidal silver with our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator: It costs us about a dollar for a gallon of steam-distilled water at Walmart. So a quart of the steam-distilled water costs about 25 cents. And I estimate we use maybe a nickel’s worth of electricity and maybe another nickel’s worth of silver from the silver rods for every one-quart batch of colloidal silver we make. So that’s 35 cents a quart, all told, for each quart of micro-particle colloidal silver we make!
And frankly, considering how long the .999 fine silver rods have lasted (over a year and a half, so far, for the most recent set), I think it’s probably even cheaper than that. But it’s the lifetime savings we’ve experienced that’s just mind-boggling to me.
For example, we’ve had our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver unit for nearly five years now. And as I mentioned we make one quart per week, and we spend about 35 cents a week on making colloidal silver.
This means we save about $239.65 a week by not having to purchase a quart’s worth of colloidal silver at our local health food store. So do the math: In just one month, the savings is $958.60…in one year, the savings is $11,503.20…and in five years we’ve saved approximately $57,516.00!
When you put pencil to paper and figure it out, it definitely takes you by surprise. You just think ‘No way. I must have multiplied that wrong.’
But it’s true. The savings is legitimately well over $11,000 a year over health food store prices for colloidal silver, if you make and use a quart of colloidal silver a week like we do! And we reap that incredible savings from the very reasonable $250 investment we made in purchasing our Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator.
In their advertising literature, The Silver Edge says the unit completely pays for itself after your first couple of one-quart batches. But really, that’s quite an understatement when you realize the true extent of your savings!
Of course, once you start making your own colloidal silver with a Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you don’t really think about how much you’re saving compared to health food store prices, because it just becomes a normal part of your everyday life. But the savings is nevertheless astonishing when you reflect on it.
What’s especially nice is being able to produce a significantly higher-quality colloidal silver than what’s generally available to the public through health food stores, especially at such a tiny, tiny fraction of the cost.”
— Marie Wilkey, SC
The Bottom Line…
With a high-quality Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, you’ll never again have to pay exorbitant health food store or internet vendor prices for high-quality colloidal silver!
Indeed, your first batch or two will indeed completely pay for the entire cost of your generator, compared to health food store prices!
What’s more, you’ll be able to give colloidal silver away FREE to family members, friends and neighbors, because you’ll be making it — literally — for only a few pennies per batch!
Simply click on this link to learn more about this phenomenal new breakthrough in colloidal silver-making technology, including our current, time-limited, money-saving offers that can save you up to $100 if you act quickly and decisively!
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another insightful article on colloidal silver….
Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,
Steve Barwick, author
The Ultimate Colloidal Silver Manual
FREE Colloidal Silver Safe Dosage Report
Colloidal Silver Secrets Group on Facebook
Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Pennies
.999 Pure Silver Wire for Making Colloidal Silver
Subscribe to the Colloidal Silver Secrets Ezine
Videos on Making and Using Colloidal Silver
Real-Life Colloidal Silver Success Stories
Colloidal Silver Update (News & Views)
The Ultimate Colloidal Silver Manual
The Colloidal Silver Secrets Video
Colloidal Silver Kills Viruses
Important Note and Disclaimer: The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof. The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics. He is not a doctor. Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage. Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only, and approached with caution. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments and opinions stated herein. All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional. Readers are solely responsible for their choices. The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine.
Copyright 2018 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.